SENIOR AERODYNAMICS ENGINEER
Due to continued business growth, our globally respected client is looking to recruit a talented and passionate SENIOR AERODYNAMICS ENGINEER into our Aerodynamics department. Reporting to a Team Leader within Aerodynamics, the successful candidate will be expected to lead and support a wide variety of commercial and research projects from inception to completion. This work encompasses all stages of preparation, testing and or CFD application, aerodynamic analysis and reporting. This position will be focussed on supporting our experimental testing and any experience of advanced measurement techniques would be highly regarded.
The successful candidate would be working alongside a multi-disciplinary team of highly-skilled engineers to provide our customers with high quality aerodynamic data from a variety of equipment and techniques used across the company's facilities. (As this is a senior position, our client is unfortunately unable to accept applications from recent graduates or those without the requisite work experience.)
Senior Aerodynamics Engineer - Main duties and responsibilities:
* Provide proficient technical leadership and experienced support and guidance to the Project Team
* Deliver projects to the satisfaction of the customer to the required quality standards within time and cost constraints
* Deal with client requests as appropriate, participate in the preparation of technical bids and oversee aerodynamic, mechanical, computing and programme requirements for tests
* Take senior responsibility for data quality and timely provision of results and/or reports to a global client base.
* Conduct analysis and interpretation of aerodynamic datasets.
* Support other experimental and numerical tasks relevant to the business.
* Produce written technical reports to accompany analysis and development activities
* Be proactive in the on-going development of innovative processes and capability
Senior Aerodynamics Engineer - Essential Skills and capabilities
* Have a passion for aircraft and aerospace
* Will hold a Masters (MEng/MSc) or equivalent level degree in an aerospace related discipline
* Must have industrial or academic work experience
* Prior knowledge and experience of advanced testing techniques would be advantageous
* Demonstrable knowledge of Aerodynamics from a relevant field. Knowledge of transonic aerodynamics would be highly regarded.
* Ability and experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
* Excellent communication and networking skills.
* Willingness to engage with both internal and external parties.
* Ability to see projects through to completion.
* Exhibit confidence to question the status quo and to strive for improvement
Senior Aerodynamics Engineer - previous suitable job titles: Senior Aerodynamics Engineer, Aerodynamics Engineer, CFD Engineer, Aerodynamics Specialist, Aerodynamicist
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Please apply ASAP