Opportunity for a planning engineer to join a global manufacturing company who have 50+ sites worldwide. The organisation has been trading for over 100 years and continues to be a global leader in its field.
You will work closely with the maintenance supervisor to support the achievement of both day-to-day and longer-term objectives relating to the maintenance, upkeep and improvement of manufacturing equipment and site services. This is a days-based role working 8am-4pm Monday to Friday.
As the planning engineer your duties will include:
- Keeping the site maintenance system and equipment registers up to date
- Ensuring that all equipment onsite has an effective preventative maintenance regime
- Help to develop a maintenance plan ensuring it kept up to date and that regular updates are provided
- Communicating with internal departments to ensure that the maintenance plans are delivered with the minimal amount of downtime and with no impact on customer satisfaction
- Develop the maintenance system to improve the overall quality and effectiveness of the planned maintenance program
- Carrying out administrative tasks inside and outside of the planned maintenance system such as resolving engineering and maintenance related purchasing and invoicing queries.
To apply for the planning engineer role, you will need:
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment of working as a planning engineer, maintenance planner, engineering planner, etc.
- A background in a hands-on engineering role is desirable
- Experience of working with a maintenance planning system (SAP is desirable)
- The ability to understand and develop knowledge of specific engineering equipment
In return, the planning engineer will receive a salary of £35,000-£38,000 (dependent on experience) + pension, etc.
If you wish to be considered for the planning engineer role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.