Mechanical Fitter Job Description
Our major international client is looking to recruit on a permanent basis a Mechanical Assembler/Fitter to their expanding team, to assemble component parts to make up finished assemblies in compliance with in house and customer specifications.
Mon - Fri Days (early finish Friday)
Summary of Duties
The Mechanical Fitter will:
* View priority build board and select kit of parts for next assembly.
* Establish assembly operations from parts list, working instructions and drawings.
* Check kit for correct parts and refer to stores or supervision over any discrepancies.
* Operate overhead travelling gantry crane and provide correct slinging procedure to load and transport large items.
* Assemble and test products to specification, referring to working instructions and drawings, using air gun and spanners, paying particular attention to cleanliness of parts.
* Report to supervision any error found in component parts and problems leading to difficulty in assembly. Also report any deficiency in tool or measuring equipment.
* Ensure required standards of safety are adhered to and good housekeeping is maintained in the work areas. Use the PPE provided at all times. Report any health and safety concerns to supervision or the health and safety representative.
* Provide support for requirements of ISO 9001.
* To support the implementation of ABS, the continuous improvement process.
* To carry out production and operations related tasks set by the Value Stream Manager.
Mechanical Fitter Skills/Experience requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Working to engineering drawings
* Good manual dexterity
* Experience with building assemblies
* Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
* Good attention to detail
* Flexible and hardworking
* Ability to prioritise
* Calm under pressure
* A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
Mechanical Fitter Minimum Requirements
In order to be considered for this role a candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
Previous experience within a similar assembly - mechanical fitting - engineering/manufacturing environment .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, lift, and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Manual lifting requirements include but not limited to the following:
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 5 kgs
* Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 kgs
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 kgs
Please apply ASAP