Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are currently recruiting:
We are currenly recruiting for a Workshop based Operations Manager in Manchester for a permanent position
You will be a workshop-based Operations Manager in a glazing facility with the occasional need to go to the central Manchester site.
You will (with the assistance of our client's Sheffield Workshop Operation Manager, Project Manager and our client's Safety team in support) initially be setting up this new workshop and putting in place all tools and equipment as well as the Health and Safety aspects of the workshop.
Once the workshop is up and running you will be responsible for the glazing and repair of heritage windows of which a large proportion are stained glass and lead works.
You will also control the schedule of works and the Quality of the workshop works as well as the H&S and performance of the workshop team. You will be first point of contact for all workshop works, schedules and Health and Safety.
Working week proposal -
Monday to Friday - 7.30am start to 5pm finish
Note - The requirement for weekend or out of hours working is a possibility as the project progresses so the successful candidate should have a flexible attitude to additional hours when the project dictates.
You will also be first point of contact for any out of hours workshop related issues.
Reporting to -
Project Manager - based remotely from site
Also reporting to & working with-
Senior Members of the Project team including Planner and Commercial team
Persons reporting to the Site Manager -
Charge hands / working supervisors
Glazers and semi skilled operatives & Apprentices
- Experienced in the safe efficient running of a workshop of blue collar labour (10 to 15 operatives ) and supervisors.
- Experience in glazing techniques including stained glass experience to enable you to oversee all works alongside a Glazing consultant.
- Glazing experience preferred, but experienced workshop managers will also be considered as glazing works will also be overseen by the glazing consultant who you will work with to deliver the project.
- Good Computer skills, emails, word and excel to ensure records are kept upto date but tec support will be available on an other site as required
- Experienced in workshop Health and Safety regulations to ensure the works is undertaken in a safe secure workplace.
Workshop Manager Duties and responsibilities -
- Manage the workshop team (10 to 15 Blue collar Operatives & working supervisor - numbers) to ensure they carry out all works safely and to a high standard.
- Manage trainee operatives as well as a Junior Engineer as required
- Monitor & maintain all workshop safety and look for ways to improve techniques and methods while maintaining H&S.
- Be the first point of contact for all workshop quality, disciplinary & production matters.
- Follow a programme of works and target hours to achieve all planned works on time and on budget.
- Monitor working methods and where possible implement ways to improve systems and techniques to ensure good working practices are maintained at all times.
- Produce and issue monthly and weekly, targets for the team and ensure targets are achieved.
- Manage the workshop teams timekeeping & behaviour and where required (with the PMs support) discipline operatives accordingly.
- Produce and modify RAMS (with help, initially from the Project manager)
- Work with the PM, Planner and QS to monitor and update progress of the works.
- Liaise with the PM and our workshops to manage weekly collections and delivery's & deliver schedules onto and offsite.
Key Points -
- A CSCS Black Manager's card or supervisory CSCS card will be required- needed for trips to site.
- SMSTS (site managers safety training) - Training can be provided
- First Aid at work - preferred but training can be given
- Proof of running a similar sized workshop or similar (glazing or none glazing)
- The project is due to commence on site around March 2021 and run for around 12 to 15 months (TBC)
In the first instance, send CV's to [email removed] or call 0114 2200888 (option 1) for Engineering.
Dutton Recrutiment are working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.