Applications for this job are closed.
Our international client is looking to recruit a Workshop Manager on a permanent basis to their team.
The key aspects of this role will see you managing the day-to-day provision and operations of a comprehensive workshop service covering repair and maintenance to large plant machines, specialist industry tools and mechanical/electrical assembly of smaller plant machines. You will also Identify, develop and implement continuous improvements to workshop processes and practices.
Workshop Manager - Main duties
* Manage the day-to day workshop activities and "in-the-field" after sales service activities, ensuring the smooth running of the department to meet company objectives.
* Oversee the performance, training and development of all the workshop staff.
* Ensure that all the activity undertaken in the workshop or out "in-the-field" comply with statutory Health and safety requirements.
* Identify, develop and implement continuous improvements to workshop processes and practices.
Workshop Manager - Selected Main responsibilities
* Manage all Health and Safety activities within the workshop ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and company policies and procedures.
* Co-ordinate the maintenance and statutory testing of all equipment under company control, including equipment hired out to customers.
* Manage the production, pre-delivery inspection and repair of plant machines, cranes and hand-held tools for company UK's customers.
* Manage the workshop workforce to provide an appropriate level of after-sales support to customers i.e. the repair or replacement of faulty equipment or components on site or at company premises (including warranty repairs.)
* Manage the workshop workforce to provide after sales service to company hire team, including loading and unloading of machines in the workshop, maintenance of equipment in accordance with requirements to ensure its ongoing certification and 24 hour fitter support at worksites when the equipment is on hire.
* Provide quotations to customers for machines requiring repairs.
* Oversee the management, performance, training and development of all workshop staff.
* Manage the maintenance of the workshop and worksite as required.
Workshop Manager - Essential Skills & Experience
* A formal technical/engineering qualification/or engineering apprenticeship
* Experience in a similar role, leading workshop/field-based service teams,
* Experience with maintenance of electro-mechanical and hydraulic systems
* Experience of working with plant machines, both large and small including heavy materials handling equipment
* Skilled in the use of email, word, excel and powerpoint
* A positive approach to work and solving problems
* Interpersonal skills
Workshop Manager - Desired Skills
* Experience of lean/six sigma or other continuous improvement tools
This is an exciting opening for a Workshop Manager, Workshop Supervisor, Service Manager, General Manager, Maintenance Manager, Engineering Manager, Engineering Supervisor - competitive salary, life assurance, private healthcare and pension.
Please apply ASAP.