Applications for this job are closed.
Due to continued business growth, our globally respected client is looking to recruit an ambitious and motivated Mechanical Services Fitter (Mechanical Fitter or Maintenance Fitter) to work as part of a determined and professional team, carrying out planned and reactive essential maintenance. The ideal candidate will be a team player, confident individual with a positive and loyal attitude.
As a Mechanical Services Fitter your main responsibilities will include: (Mechanical Fitter or Maintenance Fitter)
* Carry out inspections, maintenance and repairs of the equipment involved within the R&D testing facility and mechanical services (planned maintenance).
* Be responsible for the repair of plant and equipment breakdown including fault finding in accordance with supervisory instructions (reactive maintenance).
* To control and monitor heavy rotating plant, Axial Compressors and Motors, and record meter readings as appropriate.
* Be responsible for the installation of new plant and equipment in accordance with supervisory instructions.
* Preparation of risk assessments and method statements and work to make sure Health & Safety Regulations are adhered to.
Maintenance Fitter / Mechanical Fitter: Needs to be
* A time served, fully skilled mechanical fitter with a time served mechanical apprenticeship.
* Self-motivated and keen to develop engineering skills to full potential.
* Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure deadlines are met.
* High attention to detail.
* Drive and commitment to improve own skills, and be receptive to new ideas and ways of working.
* Can-do attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Monday - Friday - Double Days
Please apply ASAP!
Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Fitter, Maintenance Fitter, Mechanical Technician, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Services Fitter