Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are recruiting for:
A Test Engineer for a permanent position for a client based in Pudsey.
We are looking for Test Engineer with prior experience on Transformer and Power Generator testing.
Candidate will be directly responsible for conducting and overseeing a range of diagnostic electrical testing to ensure production of finished goods meet design specifications and related regulatory standards.
- Conduct all test activities in line with established Health & Safety regulations, relevant industry standards and best practice industry standards, ensuring the safety of all employees;
* Conduct production testing of finished goods;
- Generate accurate production test sheets for all products. Ensure completed test records are filed and maintained as required;
- Carry out fault finding, diagnostic and test calculations as required.
- Conduct routine and type testing (Noise, Temperature Rise, Partial Discharge, impulse, etc.) as required by Customer specifications;
- Conduct customer witnessed testing and act as point of contact for all customer appointed inspectors during site visits;
- Generate and validate test certificates for internal and customer end user documentation reports;
- Generate inter-departmental reports, liaise with Design and Production functions to ensure best practice design & production methods;
- Maintain up to date files for Test Specifications and Electrical Regulations;
- Ensure all test equipment has an in-date calibration certificate, is free from damage and capable of conducting the test at hand;
- Direct involvement in managing client relationships, assisting with and providing support and technical knowledge where required.
Key qualifications and experience:
- GCSEs High school or equivalent (Desirable);
Electrical / Electronic City & Guilds Apprenticeship 2381, 2391 as minimum qualification.
- Prior experience Transformer Testing: -
Electrical pressure testing
Live system testing
Safe operation / protection of electrical power system
- Prior experience of Power Generator Testing: -
Rotating alternator test
Static resistance / insulation test
Rate of Pay
Rate of pay is to be confirmed
How to apply:
In the first instance, send CV's and supporting documentation to [email removed] or call the team on 0114 2200888 (opt 1) Now!
Dutton Recruitment are working as an employment business on behalf of our client.