Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are recruiting for:
A Mechanical Team Leader for a permanent position in Rotherham.
Immediate start available.
About the role:
The Team Leader role will have a high technical ability, and be self-driven to improve the quality of the maintenance catalogue.
They should have a Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) mindset, and be able to suggest inspection improvements and failure reduction measures. They should be highly competent with INFOR and be able to control the quality of information being entered into the system.
As part of the Shift team they are responsible in improving performance and reliability.
Their focus is on the efficient and effective planning and execution of maintenance.
The Team Leader will play a key role in leading this team, primarily through on the job coaching and supervision. The teams will provide an operational and maintenance service.
On a shift rota pattern, 12 hour shifts (mornings / nights), with some weekend working.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Planning & delegating activities of Team Members, contractors, through monitoring & controlling attendance & holidays and assisting in delivery of technical & safety training
- Undertake Technician & basic craft role if required
- Carry out PPM inspections
- Plan labour & materials requirements for plant needs as specified by Section Engineers
- Coordinate & supervise other services & contractors
- Deputise for 1st Line engineering management
- Use the INFOR system to its full capability for maintenance activities
- Undertake training to learn new skills and use any training given
- Write reports
- Deliver business communications to team (business performance and safety briefs)
- Involvement in plant improvement projects
- Write and review risk assessments, method statements and procedures e.g. JTD's
- Proactively demonstrates a good attitude of Health, Safety and Environment matters specific to the role
- Ensures business health and safety instructions are followed e.g. Working at height, Hot work, Confined spaces
To be successful within this role you will ideally have:
- A recognised Mechanical apprenticeship (Preferably HNC but minimum ONC level or equivalent)
- Good Mechanical knowledge and experience of industrial systems such as:
- Hydraulic systems
- Pumps, drives and gearboxes
- Water cooling systems
- Conveyor systems
- Mobile plant
- Good Mechanical knowledge and experience of the maintenance of gearboxes, pumps, drives, cylinders, accumulators and pressure systems etc
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to methodically fault find any issues
- Experience of working under permit systems previously or has knowledge of how permit systems operate
How to apply:
In the first instance, send CV's to [email removed] or call the team on 0114 2200888 (option 1) for Engineering.
Salary is £32,762.37 plus shift allownace.
Dutton Recruitment is working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.