Our major client is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Inspector completing inspection work using Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM) and Leica Optical Scanners. Responsibilities include completing component, sub-assembly and assembly inspections to defined tolerances, reporting results and briefing Customers regarding inspection results during model buy-offs.
Senior Inspector Main duties and responsibilities include:
* Responsible for carrying out the inspection of models (assemblies, sub-assemblies and individual components) in accordance with the specification given in the route cards, service requests or supervisory instructions.
* Conduct Optical Tracking inspections, snapping scans to models and reporting using 3DScanner software.
* Assist with the scheduling of inspection work to meet agreed project resource plans, with regular communication of schedules to the Model Manufacturing Centre (MMC) Team Leader and other Section Leaders.
* Raise Concession Reports for submission and approval to Customers.
* Monitor the progress and conduct training, as appropriate, of newly inducted or trainee members of the section.
* Lead the technical development of the inspection capability including the inspection aspects of customer proposals.
* Actively seek opportunities for Continuous Improvement of inspection procedures.
* Maintain an inspection log.
Senior Inspector Essential skills and qualifications:
* HNC in Mechanical Engineering or similar qualification
* Career experience using hand held metrology instruments, precision CMM and Optical Scanning Systems.
* Technical experience with optical tracking and 3DScanner software and methodology.
* Experience in programming CMM using PCDMIS software (ideally including 2018 version)
* Able to analyze CAD, manipulate datum's and alignments for part inspection.
* Able to produce and analyze inspection results of model assemblies to determine any errors and recommend viable solutions in order to meet customers' requirements.
* Proficient in the use of MS Office applications such as Word and Excel, in order to plan/schedule project inspections and create reports using company templates.
* Used to explaining and delivering inspection results to internal stakeholders (typically Project Managers, MMC staff and Test Engineers) and Customers during buy-offs.
In addition the successful candidate must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
* A team player, confident and capable of mentoring and coaching less experienced staff.
* Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure that project schedules are met or exceeded
* Attention to detail, in terms of quality of work produced and adherence to project schedules
* Drive and commitment to improve own skills, and be receptive to new ideas and ways of working
* Can-do attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Competitive salary along with benefits package including, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, 7% employer contribution matched pension, 26 days holidays + bank holidays
Please apply ASAP
inspector, cmm, inspection, component inspection, product inspection, assembly inspection, quality engineer, senior inspector