Our unique client is looking to recruit a Design & Manufacturing Manager to their team.
Key purpose of the job:
Our client's Design and Manufacture (D&M) department designs and manufactures bespoke components & models and specialist test rigs. It produces precision engineered "one off" models for testing and research & development.
As a member of our client's senior management team, this role leads the team to enable the profitable delivery of company D&M commercial and grant-funded project portfolio. To ensure the D&M work packages are planned and delivered efficiently and participate in status reviews with clients. Improve the utilisation and development of people, systems, processes and methodology to enable the business to meets our high quality manufacturing requirements. Develop and maintain an agile supplier network to meet fluctuating capacity demands.
Design & Manufacturing Manager
* To participate in business and technical strategic planning including bid reviews and if applicable, deliver approved, longer-term investment programmes for capability improvements.
* D&M performance management and associated metrics.
* To be responsible for the safe and efficient management of the D&M resources.
* To ensure the creation and delivery of effective and efficient functional plans inclusive of routing within company Model Manufacturing Centre (MMC) taking into consideration required and available in-house capacity, machines, resources, tools, fixtures and materials.
* To ensure the D&M cost centre is managed within the agreed annual budget and contribute to budget preparation.
* To lead and manage the appraisal system and objective setting for the team members.
* To ensure the skills and capability of the team meets the current and strategic needs of the business including compliance with statutory SHE training requirements, other training, succession planning and recruitment.
* To manage the team's apprenticeship programme and ensure supervision and coaching of trainees.
* To ensure the effective sourcing, selection and management of suppliers/service providers for supporting D&M delivery requirements.
* Together with appropriate stakeholders, make sure Design and Manufacture associated quality documents are kept valid and in line with company policies/processes.
Needs to have:
* Hold a minimum of an honours degree in a technical/engineering discipline from an established university.
* Demonstrated leadership experience in a technical project-based environment preferably with 5+ years' experience.
* Knowledge of design, manufacturing and production procedures, machines, tools and inspection techniques with likely practical experience in one of the main disciplines.
* Possess strong leadership credentials including inter-personal, people-management and influencing skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to improve standards and be driven by continuous improvement.
* Be capable of applying problem-solving techniques in a logical, competent and timely manner.
* Be a confident, self-motivated individual committed to ensuring that customer satisfaction is achieved in line with company account strategy.
* Have a desire to succeed and be prepared for occasional international travel and out-of-hours working from time to time.
* Have commercial awareness and client relationship management experience.
All candidates must be able to satisfy security clearance requirements (including 5 years UK residency)
Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package included. (Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Pension)
Please apply ASAP
Design Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Head of Design & Manufacture, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, Design & Manufacturing Manager, Precision Engineering