Applications for this job are closed.
Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are recruiting for:
A HV Electrical Test Engineer for a permanent position for a client based in Sheffield.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer who will have direct responsibility for planning and executing routine and diagnostic testing on electrical machines both on site and within the workshop and providing assistance and technical support to the Field Service team.
Candidate will be directly responsible for conducting and overseeing a range of high and low voltage diagnostic electrical testing.
* Perform an extensive range of electrical tests to approved safe procedures and relevant standards on a large range of electrical machines.
* Accurate recording, interpretation and analysis of results
* Writing of clear and concise technical reports
* Liaison with customers over technical queries
* Fault finding and emergency call out support on generators and motors
* Supporting on technical assessments of customer machines in works
* Maintaining test and equipment records
* Development and expansion of test facilites and equipment
Key qualifications and experience:
* Proven track record of conducting diagnostic testing, including IR/PI, Tano, Hi Pot, PD, ELCiD, RSO & HF within a similar motor/generator service or manufacturing background.
* Educated to a minimum HNC/HND level in a relevant engineering or technical discipline.
* Have practical experience in high voltage electrical testing of large electrical machines
* Knowledge and experience of working to standards.
* Self-motivated with high regards for safety and quality.
* Familiarity with Automatic Voltage Regulators, Excitation Systems, Generator Protection Schemes and I & C circuitry and fault finding would be an advantage.
Salary is £40,000 per annum.
How to apply:
In the first instance, send CV's and supporting documentation to [email removed] or call the team on 0114 2200888 (option 1) for Engineering.
Dutton Recruitment are working as an employment business on behalf of our client.