Our client is a leading engineering business that has been established for over half a century providing mechanical handling solutions to many industries across the globe.
They are looking to strengthen their projects & design team by recruiting an additional project design engineer to their successful team.
If you have previous design and or project experience within materials handling equipment (conveyors) and are looking to join a highly stable company who can offer a competitive salary then apply now for immediate consideration.
Main roles & responsibilities - Project Design Engineer
* To apply technical and organising skills in order to manage assigned contracts and to produce product designs operating solely or with others and always within the financial, technical, regulatory, procedural, planning and contractual constraints placed upon the Company, and advising the Head of Projects of progress/problems through established reporting procedures.
* To provide up-to-date and accurate reports on contract and product design status to the Head of Projects and/or to other Managers.
* To ensure that proper and complete technical solutions required for the assigned contacts and products are realised.
* To ensure that assigned contracts are undertaken in such a manner as to achieve Customer satisfaction and to within contract cost estimate and to time schedules.
* To assist the Sales department in defining equipment and system requirements for enquiries.
* To produce or clarify for actual orders equipment and system specifications, time estimates and plans, and Contract Summary.
* To undertake mechanical equipment and system design and to produce plant designs, equipment designs, production documents, operating manuals, and other documentation for assigned contracts and products. SolidWorks is the Company's main platform for 3D modelling and AutoCad is the main platform for 2D layouts.
* To undertake product and contract design reviews.
* To undertake technical discussions and site visits with colleagues, Customers and with Suppliers as necessary.
* To co-ordinate and assist Installation as necessary during the equipment installation and commissioning phase of assigned contracts.
* To propose and/or implement/develop agreed modifications and improvements to Company products.
* To undertake such equipment inspections as are necessary to ensure conformity to contract and/or product designs.
* To produce drawings for new products and to offer input on any R&D project occurring within the Company.
* To offer the Sales department advice and input on 3D designs and the enhanced presentation of their 3D layouts when needed.
Candidates with conveyors design and project engineering experience combined with good knowledge of AutoCAD and Solidworks are very much encouraged to apply.
Please apply ASAP
Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Project Design Engineer, conveyors, materials handling, AutoCAD, Solidworks